So hello and happy new year!! We trust you gobbled more than your fair share of festive goodies over the holidays?
Maybe like us, you are now into January, full of good intentions of healthy eating…but let’s face it…it don’t feel good does it? The feelings of temperance and virtue from your steamed chicken salad don’t quite compare to the memories of the bucket of Lindt reindeer you scoffed. It’s time to give yourself a little, tiny break and treat yourself. We’re not going crazy now, just a little somin’ somin’ to take the edge off! How about a batch of tiny delights from Christmas leftovers and larder scraps (yes, we are full of domestic smugness). So ladies and gays, how do you like the sound of a mouthful of hot, spicy, chocolate man parts?
Hot and spicy chocolate men bites
- 40g butter
- 20g dark chocolate with orange
- 20g dark chocolate with chilli
- 25g caster sugar
- 33g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate and butter (we microwaved it (slowly, don’t blame us if you blow the thing up and burn your house to the ground))
- Whisk the egg and sugar until light and pale
- Fold everything into the egg mix.
- Pour into little silicone moulds
- Bake at 170ºC for about 10 minutes
A little bite of something nice! Fuck the rice crackers and carrot sticks. This is really quite an awesome recipe that makes a little batch so even if you go a bit Christina Aguilera and eat the lot, it’s not too much of a crisis…more clinging on to the side of the wagon than falling off face first in the horse shit and dirt.