So baking, yeah we’ve not for a while…
But there are reasons! Good, good reasons! (well, some reasons)
Basically, the boys got totally caked out…they’d rammed in so many tarts and financiers they were actual cake boys.
So, we’ll be posting the wedding/birthday/barmitzva cakes but if you’re looking for some shitty cupcake variants it’s probably best to piss off now.
So what is this about?
Well…sometimes baked stuff is not just for shits and giggles. Sometimes it is totally NECESSARY!
Mykie was competing in a kettlebell lifting competition (I know, random, rite?) with two events split hours apart.
Mykie is a fussy eater and gets totally hangry. (like The Hulk but little, less verdant, more gay, more hair product)
With stuff to do at a comp…like cheer, warm up, gossip…let’s not even mention the time for costume changes… (you get totally sweaty and who wants to stay marinating in their own juices?) well the point is there is no time to pop out for an egg white omelette and a Harvey Nick’s breakfast martini, is there?!
So plans people, you gotta have the plans!
The high protein, portable, sweet treat…SECRET SNATCH CAKES!
Right, let’s be real, these aren’t going to rock your world or anything but they are so easy, a bit delicious, filling and don’t require refrigeration (anyone else chomped on a pack of warm chicken? Samonellicious!). Kettlebell lembas!
- 70g When Protein (we use optimum nutrition vanilla ice-cream flavour (fucking delicious))*parenthesis within parenthesis? living on the edge at Wondercat*
- 30g Wheatgerm
- 2 Eggs
- 50g Peanut butter (the good shit, at least 97% peanut with no added sugar)
- pinch o’ salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10g flour of some description
- Xantham gum IF REQUIRED (if you are using gluten-free flour you’ll know the deal)
- sweetener to taste (make sure it’s one that can be baked with!)
- splash of milk
- beat peanut butter and eggs
- stir in everything else
- if it’s really thick and goopy, add a bit more milk
- plop it into some kind of muffin/cupcake tins
- bake at 150ºC for between 12 and 20 minutes depending on the size of your baking, erm…holes?
That is it. You can’t really go wrong…well you can… We used super tiny silicone block moulds so 12 minutes was long enough…we made a batch and baked them longer and they were so dry and claggy they sucked your face in like a raisin…so don’t over bake.